Length: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Microsoft SQL Server is among the most popular and widely used data platforms of all time with a reputation for resilience, performance, and ease of administration. But wait - performance killers are lurking deep inside your SQL Servers! Learn about these performance killers that most DBAs and Devs are unaware of in this demo-packed session. We will cover a variety of significant issues, ranging from server-side OS settings, file layout, memory settings, and database design to coding issues like data types and cursors.
This session will answer questions like:
· What Windows Server and SQL Server defaults are likely to make application performance worse?
· What is a forwarded record indicator and why is it a red flag?
· Why do GUIDs and oversized data type columns decrease performance?
· How does changing a database file layout help or hurt performance?
· What memory setting should you always change from the default?
Learn these performance killers now so that you will save millions of CPU cycles in the future. These mistakes are the “low hanging fruit” of SQL Server application performance. Once you apply the lessons learned from this session, your applications will perform at a higher level of efficiency and effectiveness than before.
Interested in additional SentryOne webinars? Check our webinar library.