Have you ever been caught off guard by insufficient data storage space?
If so, you likely remember the unpleasant results, which probably included server downtime, business interruptions, and frustrated users—and leaders.
Accurately predicting future storage needs is one of the biggest challenges faced by DBAs or IT managers.
In this session, Steve Wright introduces SentryOne Storage Forecasting, which applies advanced analytics and machine learning technology to produce daily storage usage forecasts for all logical disks on your Windows servers.
What you'll learn:
- Insights on common methods for managing storage and how they fall short
- How Storage Forecasting is integrated into the SentryOne Client, reports, and alerting functionality
- An overview of the forecast modes available based on various environmental requirements
- The logic involved with each forecast mode
- An understanding of how Storage Forecasting provides intelligent predictions about your storage capacity