Access Part One of the Series: Linux Primer for SQL Server DBAs.
To be an effective database administrator in today’s economy, DBAs and Architects must possess extensive OS and database expertise.
To start, we will discuss the top 10 Linux commands that every SQL Server DBA needs to know as you transition from the Microsoft world to the world of Red Hat and SUSE. The different file system types that are available and which one you should choose will also be discussed.
In this session, learn how to install and configure SQL Server on Red Hat 7 Enterprise Linux and SUSE Enterprise Server (SLES v12) on bare metal servers and in virtualized infrastructures. We will cover:
1. Install ancillary RPMs to supplement SQL Server
2. Shell scripting 102
3. What is Transparent huge pages (THP)
5. Configure NTP for the server
6. Fundamentals of Network configuration
7. Importance of partition alignment for bare metal servers and virtualized environments
8. Format XFS / EXT4 file systems
9. Centralize System Logging
10. Setup up ssh equivalence between Linux servers
11. Simplified DNS
12. Setting up a
Interested in additional SentryOne webinars? Check our webinar library.